Sunday, September 28, 2008

Debate/Bailout update . .

I thought Obama should have attacked more often and more specifically, driving the point home when he had an advantage/opportunity (he missed several), but I agree that he won a slight victory overall. McCain just looked old and unwilling to consider new ideas.

I'm still pissed about the bailout, seems when I was getting my MBA we discussed something called risk assessment, and how to fail at this meant potentially terrible consequences to the business. Now we are (sort of) giving them a get out of jail free (too easy, at least), and taking responsibility for their most worthless debts from the risk takers to the American taxpayer. I guess a totally 'free' market isn't the perfect model after all, and the hardcore deregulators (including McCain/Gramm) were wrong and deserve a share of responsibility for this mess, as do some individuals who took loans they knew they could not repay counting on ever-rising real estate prices.

No comments: